Friday, January 04, 2008

Today's wheater


This is a picture from my little office window. I am not sure if you can see the layer of dust. It was so windy today that I went for some groceries and ended up turning around. Here were I live, there is a horrible condition called "Valley Fever" that you get from spores that you breath in when the wind blows the dust like this. So, since I am pregnant, I decided not to risk it and went back home without the groceries. I can't imagine how horrible it would be to get the valley fever while been pregnant, but I assure you I don't want to find out.
Esta es una foto desde mi oficinita de arriba. No se si se nota la capa de polvo que hay. El viento era tan fuerte que levantaba una capa de polvo e impedía la visibilidad a una cierta distancia. Yo salí por unas compras y me devolví porque me dio miedo. Aquí donde yo vivo hay una enfermedad horrible llamada la Fiebre del Valle que da precisamente por inhalar el polvo que contiene las esporas que producen la infección respiratoria. No me quiero ni imaginar lo horrible que sería contraer esta enfermedad estando embarazada... así que me devolví para la casa y me quedé aquí todo el día.

No comments: