Saturday, March 28, 2009

Socks finished! / Terminé las medias de papi


by Whimsical Kniting Designs

Yarn: Schachenmayer Cotton
Yarn source: Elann
Started: 9/16/2008
Finished: 3/28/2009

It only took 7 months... wow! I finally finished my dad's socks. I am a bit upset that I had so much yarn left over because I would have love to make the leg longer. In fact I am not even sure my dad would wear socks this short. He is kind of picky. But that is the problem when knit socks cuff-down, it is almost impossible to guess how long can you make the leg with exactly half the amount of yarn you have. I did calculate a big margin because I wanted to make sure I was able to finish the second sock and I did not wanted to risk it. I think I could have made the leg at least 1" or 2 " longer. Oh well, I just hope my dad likes them!

Solo me tomó 7 meses terminar estas medias... wow! Por fin las terminé. Estoy un poco molesta de que me sobró bastante lana. Hice las medias cortas de pierna por miedo a que no me alcanzara y al final mas bien me sobró... pero bueno, mejor que sobre y no que falte. Lo importante es que a papi le gusten y que las use. No se si le vayan a gustar tan cortas, ojalá que sí. Escogí esta lana porque es fresca (de algodón) y además los colores son perfectos para usar con jeans que es lo que a él mas le gusta usar. 

No comments: