Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wanting to knit a Baby Surprise Jacket


I am really itching to make a  Baby Surprise Jacket for my baby... I have always been curious about the popularity to this pattern. Now Schoolhouse Press offers it in all sizes and gauges which is very convenient plus directions to add a hood, pockets, etc.

The only Elizabeth Zimmerman book that I have is Knitting Around, and there is another cute baby jacket in it called the Bog Jacket. I think the finished product is cuter than the Surprise Jacket but for some reason people just love to make the BSJ. Maybe is because of the cool construction of it? I had been looking at both FOs from other knitter's at Ravelry but still can't make up my mind...

There are some good videos in Youtube on how to make the BSJ, even though it is probably not needed if I buy the new pattern with detailed row by row directions. The directions for the Bog jacket in Knitting Around are a bit general to me and it does not say what ages will the FO fit so I would have to do some calculation if I try that one...  

No comments: