Saturday, February 23, 2008

Another project that bites the dust...



Here is the sock I started. When I was close to finish I realized it was too big for a baby, then I checked the pattern. I am using this baby socks pattern and everything looked fine, then I check the gauge... Voila that was the problem my gauge for some reason was 5st to the inch and the pattern's was 6 st to the inch. It doesn't seem like a big deal but in a little baby sock this stitch difference means an inch bigger around the sock. I am so disappointed because I love the way the yarn knits up, but I don't really feel like starting all over again, unless for know. I will have to rip it and grab some other project until I feel like coming back to this.... That happens for being too lazy to knit a gauge swatch...

Esta es la media que estaba haciendo para mi sobrinito, ya cuando estaba a punto de terminar me di cuenta de que era muy grando y luego de rebizar las instrucciones me di cuenta de que el tamaño de la puntada estaba mal y por eso no me salió bien, tengo que desacerla y comenzar de nuevo pero tal vez luego ahorita necesito olvidarme del fracaso tejiendo alguna otra cosa... Eso me pasa por no tejer una muestra como siempre se aconseja....

No comments: