Monday, July 07, 2008

Dying to dye some sock yarn...

I am almost done with the soaker. I will post a pic tomorrow when it is ready. Next, I really want to experiment with dyeing. I got Jaquard dyes from Knitpicks.com a long time ago but never did it. By the way, have you guys heard about Sock Blanks??? This is a new product from Knitpicks. It is a machine knit piece of fabric knitted with a double stranded blank yarn so you can dye the fabric and then knit with it. The benefit is to have: a-) full control of the color pattern that will form when you knit and b-) two strands of the same color variations for perfectly matching socks. Is this cool or what????

Watch a video of how is done in Youtube here:



I can't wait to make my own...

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I was just reading my Knitpicks catalogue tonight, too! I've got acid dyes sitting in my closet with a bunch of beautiful undyed Blue-Faced Leicester wool yarn. I thought I'd make the boys sweaters, but still haven't gotten to it. I DID finally start a new project, though! :)