Thursday, August 13, 2009

My holy time

My friend crunchymom inspired me to continue writing my blog... even if it is once in a while.

No matter how tired I am, I just need to have some quiet time to myself. Most of the time, this can only be done at night when everybody is sleeping... Yes, this takes time away from my sleeping but I just have to have it or I start feeling I am going crazy. It is a sanity issue. I call it my "Holy time". Usually during this time I read, or knit or watch one of my favorite movies, other times I just surf the internet for knitting patterns or stuff I need to buy.

I know I am not the only one. My oldest sister used to do it. When I visited years ago I was amazed how late she would stay up even though she had to wake up really early. Donna Dewberry from one stroke painting started to paint at night when her five children were little and she needed to do something at night to mentally-relax.

The only problem is that sometimes I enjoy myself so much that I loose track of time and stay up until dawn... This is NOT good, because the next day I am exhausted...

No comments: