Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Mastitis

My old friend mastitis, I can't not say I missed you... Last night I started to dream about wool socks, warm and soft wool socks on my feet... It was 3:00 a.m. I was shivering and I walked up, I can not say I welcome Mastitis back but I sure know her very well... I got up and found a sweater (to wear in my 80 degree bedroom), I did not even bother in taking my temperature, I know if I was that cold I was at least a 100 degrees. I got my heating pad out and damped two prefold diapers to put in between my skin and the heating pad. Then I pumped again. After that and went to get ice packs, put them in my breast and felt asleep. It was already 6:00 a.m. I was so tired I felt asleep deeply. Today I have been feeling very week, I have been trying to catch up on my sleep and drinking lots of water. As in the past, Tylenol will be my only help, as I don't like taking antibiotics. The reason for that is I get mastitis so many times that if took antibiotics every time I will be on antibiotics every other month. I can't afford that. I will be sick of my stomach and the antibiotic will change the flavor of the milk, killing all the good probiotics on it as well. I will try to manage just like I have done with my other two babies. I will survive!, I hope ;-(

No comments: