Monday, July 30, 2007

The swatch is looking good in double stranded and size 1. Judging by the garter ridges I always knit first, it seems to work out the right amount of stitches and rows, however I am going to put it away until I get new metal circular needles. This one is a bamboo needle and it is not strong enough to keep up with the tension. The fabric is a bit stiff, but that doesn't bother me too much. The stitches do pop up more with this extra tension and I like that. I can't wait to see how the swatch looks like when I knit in pattern. I think I am going to start something else while I get the needles that I ordered online.
Por lo que veo esta parece ser la solución correcta, sin embargo voy a guardarlo hasta que compre agujas de metal porque estas son de bamboo y no creo que aguanten la tensión extra. La tela que produce es un poco firme pero eso no me molesta. La tensión adicional hace que las puntadas se marquen mejor y eso me gusta. Sin embargo, tengo que tejer todo el cuadro para realmente estar segura de que esta vez si va a funcionar. Creo que voy a empezar otra cosa mientras que me llegan las agujas que pedí.

No comments: